Gome of the Week
MLB urns and caskets are now available.
Just so there's no confusion about who you'll be rootin' for from heaven!
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
The North Wind Blew South - I don't know how this dude does this.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
I went into this pseudo-doc with plenty of apprehension (made the bad move of reading too much about it before watching it), so I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't bad at all.
This girl had a bit part on Seinfeld years ago, and once I put that together I could settle down and enjoy myself without racking my brain. You can see the list of names that make appearances in the movie. Good group. Not quite enough Bob Odenkirk for my tastes, but that's a constant complaint.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Paul Laurence - Underexposed (1989)
Cleary I was into this one for the cover. Yep, he's rocking a full on pompadour LBST. '89 was really just a rough year all around. I wasn't looking a whole lot unlike this guy at the time. I was often in the woods, and usually with my dog, too. It's uncanny. The key tracks here are "Cut the Crap" and "I'm A Business Man (Kick It Too)." Oh, and "Sue Me." This cat's got attitude!
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
prison wallet - The ol' keister.
Origin - I heard a dude say it on a Cops type show when he was getting processed.
Usage - "Dude, this is a rough situation."
"Dude, you got that right. We have lost our cell phones and now we can't even call your coug."
"Dude, there's a pay phone. But bro, I don't have any change."
"Dude, lucky for you, I always keep a roll of quarters in my prison wallet."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Things I Noted While Re-vamping the Site This Last Week:
10. Apparently I used to really care about the Blazers
09. Biff stopped writing strictly in lowercase on November 14, 2004
08. The term "movie you've never seen" was used quite loosely at times
07. Can't believe we waited until week 225 to feature the movie H.O.T.S.
06. Biff's story about getting halfway through The Confessor before he realized he had watched it a few months earlier still cracks me up
05. For my money, I'm the funniest thing going
04. Always a challenge to come up with slang without working blue
03. Biff started at least 15 of his reviews with "What can you say about a movie like..."
02. Not nearly enough razzing of C-Dog
01. Never again. (I think that's what I said the last three times I overhauled this stupid thing.)
Cancel One Career