Gome of the Week
If I hear one more stand up comedian do a bit about spam email, I'm going to be like "What's the deal with all these stand comedians doing jokes about spam email? I mean, have you seen these people? What is the deal?"
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
The Amen Break - You may not find this interesting. I think it's great. A video explaining the history of the most sampled drum track in hip hop. It's kind of long.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Video Vixens (1975)
I purchased this for a dollar on VHS at a video store blowout due to the Troma name Julie from "The Toxic Avenger" being on the cover. Unfortunately for me, this movie was made in 1975 and Julie is nowhere to be found. However, this little lovely gem about a fledgling TV station of broadcasts the first porno movie awards still manages to please. There are plenty of boobs and dirty words, and really, what else do you need? Troma, you never disappoint.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Rick Ocasek - Beatitude (1992)
I hit the bargain bins hard on Sunday and came away with quite a few gems. This was one of 'em, the first solo album from our man Ric, while he was still with the Cars. So really, it's not much different than the Cars albums of the time, especially considering that Greg Hawkes plays on it. So, maybe it's a tad bit synthier, but not by much. It's actually not bad, but you get the feeling that these were tunes that didn't make it onto Heartbeat City.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
playing the Atari - A nerdy way to describe a hand job.
Origin - EA Sports. He's not as much in the game, as he is of the game.
Usage - "Dude, check out Coug patrol over there. Last week that one in the leopard print half shirt took me home and played my Atari all night long."
"Dude, was she an experienced player?"
"Dude, let's just say she showed plenty of control with my joystick. She did not need to insert additional coins because she earned plenty of 1Ups on the road to one of the best games of her life."
"Wait. We are talking about your wang, right?"
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Things I Did on Labor Day:
10. Upon waking, mentally prepared myself for the nap that quickly became a welcome inevitability
09. Watched 23 and a half hours of "I Love Absolutely Fucking Everything" on VH1
08. Smacked it up, flipped it, and then said "fuck it" and just went ahead and rubbed it down
07. Wondered where the summer went until I remembered I spent it making love to myself
06. Searched in vain on cable for a film that Michael Caine does not have at least a small role in
05. Alphabetized my t-shirts
04. Put my cat in a front face lock
03. To replicate camping, stood outside, ate a can of cold beans and then made number two in my neighbor's sandbox
02. Watched all the B-teamers on the local news
01. Said "Labor Day? More like Hey, You're Gay!" And just then a tumbleweed rolled past me.
Cancel One Career