Gome of the Week
Alright, that's quite enough out of you two.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Kevin Mitchell Story - A tale about the '86 Met that may or may not be true. I like to believe it.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Black Point (2001)
God, David Caruso kicks major ace. This movie starts with him drinking in a bar and telling everyone to go eff themselves. It only gets better from there. It's all about drug dealing, love, raging alcoholism and bitter, bitter regret. You will not regret spending quality time with this flick.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Howard Jones - No One Is To Blame 12" (1986)
If I had to list some of the secret gems in my record collection, there's a few 12" singles that would make the cut. For a short time in the 80's, bands put out 12" records that played at 45rpm and they all sound fantastic. I don't know what it is, but that combo yields some really amazing audio. And, they always contained sweet remixes or non-album tracks. I have a bunch of Talking Heads singles in this format, and a few Howard Jones ones as well. This is my favorite, not only because I love this song, but because this single doesn't even bother to include the album version of the track. There's the "Extended Mix" and the "Long Mix." Awesome move. Also includes the instrumental "The Chase, " which is a non-album b-side.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
Pipe down, rub-a-dub! - A great way to tell someone to shut up, especially if they've been drinking.
Origin - Szyslak.
Usage - "Dude, I took this coug out last night and she was primed for the pleasure pistol."
"Hey that's craptastic. Why don't you make me another vodka tonic?"
"What the... cut the bull you filthy boozebag! I'm telling a boring story and you're going to listen. So pipe down, rub-a-dub!"
"Point taken. Talk loud so I can hear you while I'm peeing."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Best Things About My Move This Past Weekend:
10. Haven't achieved butt sweat that was visible on the outside of my shorts for quite some time
09. The part when my spine stopped working
08. Thoughtlessly packed all my sneakers, had to wear my tap dancing shoes
07. At the end I said "Smooth move!" to everyone and they laughed heartily
06. Finally unearthed my collection of Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam cassette singles
05. Cleaned the old place till it was spotless, then took a growler in the oven
04. Dropping lamps out of 2nd story windows to people below is fun/life threatening
03. Is there anything more exciting than perusing moving supplies while you're waiting in line at the U-Haul place?
02. Seriously, they have made huge advances in the field of strapping tape in the last few years
01. My collection of "Clowns Fishing With Jesus" figurines all made it to the new place intact
Cancel One Career