Gome of the Week
Steroids? This guy? It's really a shame that professional sports aren't fun anymore.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Tetris Ice Cubes - Just in time for these hot summer months.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
The White Dragon (2004)
Wow. I checked this out looking from some sweet karate action and got that and much more. Believe it or not this movie is hilarious. It has an odd satire style humor to it. That is all I can really say about this.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
George McCrae - Rock Your Baby (1974)
I hit the bargain bins pretty hard over the holiday weekend. Realized I knew the title track on this one after I threw it on the the ol' turntable. The other songs are just slight variations. It gets old pretty quick.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
doppelbanger - Somebody whose significant other looks just like them.
Origin - ONUG hipped me to it.
Usage - "Dude, that coug you have been hanging with is kind of whiskey tango."
"Oh, I know. But check it Blee, she looks a lot like me. And I think maybe I've always wanted to make love to myself."
"Oh doctor. You are a troubled, troubled doppelbanger."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Ways To Improve Your Workout:
10. Big day of cardio? Wear your thickest wool sweater and watch the sweat fly.
09. Sit in the sauna and keep asking loudly: "Is somebody frying bologna?"
08. For maximum flexibility, you probably shouldn't wear pants.
07. When listening to a really good Sepultura song in your headphones, sing along loudly and scream "Oh fuck yeah!" if needed.
06. Ask an employee where the heavy bag is, then say "Oh nevermind, I found it. It's in my pants."
05. Grease up all the bench press bars with WD-40. People love jokes that may end in them choking to death.
04. Locker room etiquette is key. Always remove your jockstrap and place it directly on some old dude's head.
03. The cute girl behind the desk would probably love to hear about your hernia.
02. Strap on the leg warmers and inquire about the next Jazzercise class.
01. Always talk to your weights. As in: "Oh yeah, you like being lifted, don't you, you fucking douchebag?"
Cancel One Career