Gome of the Week
Meanwhile, I'm going to hell.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
The Best Kissers in the World - One of my favorite bands. I can't remember if I put this link up once already or not.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
"The Simpsons" Season Two (2002)
After acquiring Season One of this sure to be never ending set of all sets, Season two had to be the next one. I'm still plowing through this bad boy.
This is the first set to feature an entire(full length) season, plus it comes with an array of bonus features that, while dated, are cool to check out.
And, this is the season where you can really see the characters start to come into their own.
And, Homer starts to sound like Homer should, which makes everything less distracting.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Frank Black and the Catholics - Show Me Your Tears (2003)
In between being in the Pixies, Frank Black had a solo career. Here's his last solo record, and it's pretty much on par with the ones before it.
That is to say, it's good, but not spectacular. That is also to say that I will listen to it regardless. They use their standard live to two track recording format, which I don't feel captures their best sound.
But maybe I'm a stickler.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
slap five on her - Just like the fingercuffs, or the brotisserie.
Origin - When you're facing your bro and the chick's in the middle, you gotta take time out to slap five.
Usage - "Dude, that yahtzee I was with last night was drunk as a poet on payday."
"Dude, nice. You should have called me up so we could have slapped five on her."
"Dude, don't talk that way about my 'roke ho. I think I may love her."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten New Sitcom Characters That Are Sure to Be Favorites:
10. Wang, the head-bald, back-haired Asian rickshaw repairman
09. Todd, the Amway salesman who lives behind the fridge
08. Alice, the champion of anal wart education
07. Lumpy, the plumber with seven testicles
06. Melty, the sloth who sleeps in the microwave
05. Carrot Top with a beer bong full of household cleaning products
04. Steen, the city league football player who always needs a heat pack for his groin pull
03. Clompy, the robot with nuts and bolts for diarrhea
02. Willy, the dodgy guy with a criminal record who spends a lot of time under the deck
01. Don Zimmer in garters