Gome of the Week
Ron Artest makes it too easy.
Make sure to pick up that CD!
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Mid Atlantic Rasslin Tribute - Not really, but some cool pictures of championship belts.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Killer Condom (1996)
What is there to say about a movie with a pretty title such as this? This gem is filmed in German although it takes place in New York.
Gay men are being killed by having their penises removed. Hilarity ensues.
Come for the giant puppet condom with teeth, stay for the odd couple team of a drag queen and hard nosed Columbo-type gay detective.
From Troma, of course.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Killarmy - Dirty Weaponry (1998)
The second and oft-forgotten album from one of Wu-tang's most consistent off shoots is solid from beginning to end. This album marks the first time that all six emcees are united for and entire album (Islord had been in jail during the recording of the first album).
The result is a more mature album that strays a bit from the military imagery on songs such as "5 Stages of Consciousness," "Where I Rest At," and "Galactics." The group, consisting of emcees 9th Prince, Killa Sin, Dom Pachino, Shogun Assason, Beretta 9, and the aforementioned Islord, flexes it verbal prowess over some sweet 4th Disciple beats.
This album initially disappointed me six years ago when it came out but it seems to have aged better than the first and is much more consistent their third and final album which seemed to make some awkward attempts at going mainstream. Whatever, this album is solid from beginning to end and contains some of the best emcees around.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
throwin' bones - When you're throwin the 'bows (elbows) in tha clizzub. (I think it also means to play dominoes.)
Origin - A variation by C-Dogg Ho Mackah.
Usage - "Dude, that yahtzee I was with last night was kind of a coug."
"Dude, was she a tight little shceunter?"
"Dude, right arm. She was throwin' bones in the club while she was going bananas."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Signs Thanksgiving Is Over:
10. All my video tapes are full of really gay parade footage
09. My Kenny G Christmas CD is in the player, I've hit repeat, and we're good to go
08. Someone left a turkey carcass on my porch with a sign on it that said "this represents what is left of your dignity and self respect"
07. A little secret: I heated that carcass in the microwave and picked it clean
06. Time to put eggnog on my breakfast cereal
05. I'm stuffed.... with stuffing!
04. Just broke out my mistletoe pants
03. Covered my car windows with spray-on snow
02. Still enough leftovers to teabag my balls in the candied yams and let the neighborhood stray dog go to town
01. Ready to look forward to the most Xtreme Xmas ever!