Gome of the Week
I've enjoyed our time together, but I think it's time that you left now.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Hick Dickshionary - Kind of funny.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Wilder Napalm (1993)
what do you get when you throw together dennis quaid, debra winger, arliss howard, and jim varney?
that's right, cinematic gold.
the basic jist is that these two brothers have the gift to create and control fires. love triangles ensue. and fires. and more fires.
arliss howard (cowboy from "full metal jacket") is really one of my movie heroes and he absolutely owns this movie.
that is when varney is not on screen. he plays a carny, foreshadowing his role on the simpsons, who wears a series of really trashy ironic t-shirts, my favorite being a tank top that has an american flag and the phrase "try burning this one." awesome.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Dizzee Rascal - Showtime (2004)
You probably don't like him. You probably haven't heard him. Sounds about right.
Even better than his debut (and more listenable), this is hip hop that can't be easily classified so I won't even try.
But I will say this: It's different, new, and it wouldn't make it on MTV.
I like that.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
choada hole - Doesn't exist, but it's a good insult.
Origin - Pure inventive boredom.
Usage - "Dude, that yahtzee I was with last night was bordering on being a cougar."
"Dude, you diabolical."
"Totally thought it would be the bomb-ass chronic but she ended up calling me a choada hole and said seough."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Rejected Books On Tape:
10. Randy "Macho Man" Savage reads the poetry of e.e. cummings
09. Ed McMahon's Guide to Tantric Lovemaking
08. The Collected Works of Ansel Adams
07. Louie Anderson Eating
06. The October 1972 Edition of Mad Magazine, read by Soupy Sales
05. The Drunken Hick's Guide to Arm Wrestling/ Smack Talking
04. Peter North's Step by Step Guide to Scrotum Shaving
03. The Pro's Guide to Super Mario Bros. by Ace Ebb
02. Rubik's Cube Tactics as read by Fran Drescher
01. Mike Tyson's Made-Up Dictionary