Gome of the Week
Only a true diva would lip sync the national anthem before the NBA finals.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Jerri Blank - Some super info on Strangers With Candy, one of the great shows in the history of the boob tube.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
hey, it's got stallone so it's automatically awesome. but on top of that it's still a pretty sweet film about grifters and poker players and all the zany hijinks that come as a result.
watch out for a small role from b-real of cypress hill fame and some crazy card tricks.
i always love when a stallone movie comes out that i can actually recommend.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Masta Killa - No Said Date (2004)
The most elusive member of the Wu-Tang Clan finally comes correct with his solo debut that's been 10 years in the making.
Thank god we can say it's worth the wait. Backed up by quality beats courtesy of RZA, Mathematics, and True Master, the Killa keeps it real. It also helps that the entire rest of the Wu back him up vocally.
Sounds like some of the songs were taken straight from the glory days, and that ain't a bad thing.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
Jerry - A sweet code name for pot or smoking pot.
Origin - The country fair.
Usage - "Dude, that yahtzee I was with last night watched me get drunk as a poet on payday."
"That must have been trump tight for her, dude."
"Dude, she wasn't frus. She had a bunch of Jerry so she just got all Jerried out."
This Week's Top Ten List
the top ten things that biff pocaroba will tell you at 4:30 in the morning
after drinking 14 miller high lifes:
10. "unwound's 'new plastic ideas' will change your life."
09. "i fucking hate the who."
08. "the only good classic rock album is 'the soft parade' by the doors."
07. "bukowski is a poor man's brautigan."
06. "what dude? don't worry, i don't puke."
05. "bob dylan is a no-talent."
04. "pond's 'practice of joy before death' will change your life."
03. "lou reed? don't make me laugh."
02. "call an ambulance."
01. "paul mccartney is god and 'ram' is the proof."