Gome of the Week
Way to commit suey.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
CAC Online - How many can there possibly be? Actually, this has nothing to with us or music.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
David Cross: Let America Laugh (2003)
Maybe the funniest documentary ever. Or at least of the last two years.
David Cross, one half of the genius that is Mr. Show, travels the states on his comedy tour and has cameras document the madness that occurs both onstage and (mostly) off.
Shows some good footage from both Portland (Crystal Ballroom) and Eugene (WOW Hall) as well as other footage from the south that is classic redneck brilliance.
Also, for you baseball fans, this DVD contains an easter egg that has a great bit about Rickey Henderson.
Pick this up.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Eddie Spaghetti - The Sauce (2004)
The front man from the Supersuckers goes solo and whips out twelve tracks about drinking, dope, and drinking some more.
While this is a solo outing, it is also mostly a covers record but it makes no difference. Eddie rocks the twangy country sound through 12 tracks, including "Gotta Get Drunk" and "Killer Weed."
If you like the Supersuckers on the country tip, this will certainly float your boat.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
road cunny - You know road head? This is the other version.
Origin - The freeway, yo.
Usage - "Dude, that coug I was with last night was a little bit whiskey tango."
"That will make you kinda frus."
"You would think so, but clitorically speaking, she had me lobbin like an ephus while I was giving her the road cunny."
"Dude, that is a yahtzee."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Ways to Impress a Girl:
10. Buy her a dozen roses, eat half a dozen of them in front of her
09. On a second date, suggest that you guys rent some "really classy porn"
08. Tell her you met one of the original members of Bread
07. Show her how to speed dial the hospital, proceed to beer bong a fifth of gin
06. Brag about how you have a really great set of pubes
05. Drive her to local abandoned lot, pull some "really sweet cookies"
04. If she ever calls you a dog, vomit, eat it, and then say "you better believe it baby!"
03. Call her dad and tell him how talented his daughter is in the boblsed position
02. Take her to Arbys and actually finish a meal there
01. Tell her you like her so much that you would sit through Requiem for a Dream with her