Gome of the Week
The Single Bullet Theory:
Honorable mention: Once again, ladies and gentlemen, Bonzi.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
House Gymnastics - Extreme living.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
The man who shot the man who shot JFK was Ruby.
Ah, the fairy tale story of a local strip bar owner who somehow snuck a pistol past security and killed Oswald before the cops barely had a chance to talk to him.
Then he proceeded to die 3 years later in jail, thus leaving no solid answers to one of the most famous murders in the history of our nation.
Aiello: Always solid.
Sheyilyn Fenn: Cancel one career.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Pete Krebs - Western Electric (1997)
After Hazel and during Golden Delicious but before Gossamer Wings, there was Pete Krebs on the completely solo tip.
Actually, and most people don't know this, Elliott Smith plays on this album too, so I guess it's not a completely solo work, but you get the point.
The album starts off with "JFK" and continues with other great tunes like "Horsepower Daydreams" and (my personal favorite) "Madison."
Oh Pete Krebs, will you ever win?
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
buzzard - The gomest of the gome.
Origin - Dave Hubie.
Usage - "Dude, that coug I was with last night was a Sissy like Spacek."
"Dude, I thought you said she was nails."
"Dude, not so much. She had 4 hard ciders and started unloading the groceries."
"What'd you do?"
"I called her a buzzard and went and played super no friendo."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Conspiracy Theories:
10. Colin Quinn and Jon Lovitz: sold their souls to the devil in exchange for success with no discernible talent
09. Reggie Miller: beamed down after his great senior season with the Klingon high school basketball team
08. Safeway Select Cola is actually Shasta with a different label
07. Marilyn Manson and Winnie from The Wonder Years are the same person
06. I heard that Michael Jackson is a little weird if you hang out with him in private
05. Screech from Saved By the Bell : King Ad-Rock's son
04. The no-fail way to pass a breathalizer : suck on a fat-ass handful of pennies
03. Madame from Solid Gold : Quentin Tarantino's mom
02. Have you ever seen me and Abe Vigoda in the same room?
01. JFK's killer : Maggie Simpson