Gome of the Week
I just realized that aside from Tombstone, Kurt Russel has never made a good film. Yet, he is still famous and making more movies. I don't understand how this works.
"Call me Snake." OK, dude.
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Baboon - Click on the pictures of the people and read the funny rants. The one about Jake the Snake Roberts is really really funny.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Rolling Stone Presents Twenty Years of Rock & Roll (1987)
This picture kinda sucks, but it's the only one I could find. Anyway, it's Rolling Stone's 20 years of rock.
It came out in 1987, so it's the 20 years before that, but there's some good stuff on this bad boy.
If nothing else, it's hosted by Dennis Hopper and even though he probably can't remember a good portion of those 20 years, he pulls it together pretty well.
I could always do without Joni Mitchell, but you can't win 'em all.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Frank Zappa - Civilization Phaze III (1994)
This is the record that Zappa was working on right before he passed away and it's long and bizarre but pretty cool.
It's the long awaited third phase of Lumpy Gravy, which takes a while to explain and I don't really understand it that well anyway.
Weirdness: Michael Rappaport does voices on the album.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
Bel Biv DeTaco - A great place to get late night drive-thru.
Origin - South of the border.
Usage - "Dude, that coug I was with last night was totally crabby like seafood. She hadn't eaten all day."
"Dude, what'd you do?"
"I told her to put on her fruit boots and cruise to Bell Biv DeTaco."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Things I'm Putting Off Right Now:
10. Signing up for that pottery class
09. Lying about my age and trying to be the new hip-hop kid on Fame
08. Seeing Gigli just so I can jump on the making fun of it bandwagon
07. Sending my "top ten" portfolio to Letterman
06. Finding the person who makes those Carl's Jr. commercials and beating him with a blunt object, possibly a statue of some sort
05. Buying that video of the dude with the freaky abs and the big head
04. Posting a new "Disturbing Memories" on this site (seriously....)
03. Measuring my taint
02. Getting "tight rims" for my lo-lo
01. Convincing CAC fans that Wockenfuss is dead, McCartney style