Gome of the Week
Vin Diesel and this whole Triple X advertising thing that we can't escape:
Alright, we got it. You suck, your new movie obviously sucks, and yet someone is insisting that I see a commercial for the damn thing at least once an hour.
Good dialogue, though. And finally, we have a brand new action hero to worship. I mean, he'll like snowboard while he's skydiving and slamming a Dew and shit!
He's like if Rambo went on the Warped tour!
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Home Star Runner - Wow, this site is one of the best that we've put up in a while. Hopefully all the flash animation stuff works on your computer. Check out the answering machine bit, really good stuff.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
South Beach Academy (1996)
There was a certain period in the career of Corey Feldman where he thought he might actually be able to maintain his credibility and make it in Hollywood as a legitimate actor.
This movie is way after he threw that idea out the window and began making any movie that was offered to him.
South Beach Academy is the story of......well who knows, but I'm sure there is no real story, just boobs, boobs, and more boobs. Oh, and Corey's ass. No shit.
Biff counted 37 different sets of boobs. 74 in all!
I'd be willing to bet that the USA network aired this gem once or twice.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
V/A - Homage - lots of bands doing Descendents' songs (1995)
Cover albums are rarely a good idea. This one is not really an exception to that rule. A couple good songs, but the Descendents aren't going to be outdone by a bunch of bands that rip them off.
So why is this up here on our little site? I dunno. Biff bought it this weekend and it's out of print so maybe we're showing it off or something. Back off.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
not so much - Super annoying phrase that has penetrated the CAC house and won't go away.
Origin - We've been trying to figure that out so we can kick their ass.
Usage - "Dude, this new Elliott Smith bootleg kicks ass."
"Yeah, dude, not so much."
"Do you ever think about shutting your cake hole?"
"Dude, yeah, not so much."
"I would sleep with one eye open tonight if I were you."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Things Biff Pocaroba Did On His Recent Trip to Edmonds and Seattle, Washington:
10. Found two Flock of Seagulls bootlegs on vinyl, one live and one interview.
09. Drove a Volvo.
08. Went to a house party at five in the afternoon that was broken up by the dude's mom. He was 23.
07. Saw a guy "unload the groceries" at said party after he urinated on his friend.
06. Watched some dude from a Christian hard rock band show everybody his "turtleneck"- his uncircumcised penis.
05. Found Wang Chung's seminal album "Points on the Curve" for Wockenfuss.
04. Paid 75 dollars for dinner and went home hungry.
03. Heard the phrase "gay-ass rainbow type shit."
02. Saw Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams.
01. Listened to the song "By the Way" by the Chili Peppers 53 times. Don't tell anybody.