Gome of the Week
People who tell me that my cat is overweight:
Thanks, I got it. She's my cat. You don't have to tell me she's heavy, she sleeps on me every night.
Let it go. I feed her diet food, what else do you want me to do?
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Wrestling Museum - All that you need to know about old school wresting. Ever wanted to know the whole story behind the Fabulous Freebirds? You can find it here.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Checking Out (1989)
(The Films of John Durbin in 1989, Part III)
Another classic from the brilliant talent that is John Durbin.
Actually, we've never seen this movie, but it was one of the films that Mr. Durbin made in 1989, so we're putting it up here.
Looks like it stars Jeff Daniels and maybe he's a coat salesman in a nut house or something? Also seems that he got in a fight.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
MC Paul Barman - How Hard is That? (2001)
The greatest Jewish rapper in the world. This song never gets old, although we've been waiting a bit too long for the follow up.
Barman loves tank tops and writing great rhymes, not to mention hanging out with Prince Paul.
My favorite part is when he rhymes "mimeograph" with "give me a laugh."
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
cougar - The older woman at the bar who is really gussied up and on the prowl for a man, preferably a younger one. Her kids are probably at home wondering why it's taking two hours to get a pack of smokes.
Origin - I guess this is a Canadian term. I am not at all familiar with it, but it is pretty damn funny.
Usage - "Dude, what's up with that lady that was hitting on you over by the VP machine?"
"She's a total cougar, dude."
"Take a look around, dude. This place is cougsville."
This Week's Top Ten List
Brad's Top Ten Songs That He Hopes to Never Hear Again, Because Working at a Karaoke Bar Has Ruined Any Novelty That They May Have Once Had:
10. "Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap) - Crap.
09. "The Pussycat Song" - Funny once. Not nearly as funny 134 times later.
08. "Summer Lovin'" - Not cute.
07. "Bohemian Rhapsody" - It's not 1992. Wayne's World is over. Stop it.
06. "Mother" - Really funny. You wanna find hell with me? Dude, you're like 5'4".
05. "I Touch Myself" - Shut up.
04. "Walking in Memphis" - This song reminds me of eating windows.
03. "The Humpty Dance" - Knock it off.
02. "Friends in Low Places" - Your girlfriend is not impressed, hoss.
01. "Baby Got Back" - You can do side bends or sit ups, but please don't sing this song.