Gome of the Week
The gome from this week is mysteriously absent from my files. I think it was the one where I ripped on Sly Records Australia and they sent us a threatening email. I eventually advised them to "shove it."
This Week's Link That's Probably Not That Great
Sneakyleaker - This is so absurd. The dudes of America have spoken again and come up with another genius idea. A great companion to the hat with the beer holders and straws in it.
This Week's Movie You've Probably Never Seen
Curse of the Queerwolf (1988)
Another gem this week. Yesiree, it's Curse of the Queerwolf. My man ONUG spotted this at a pawn shop here in town and couldn't resist. Who can blame him?
Really, this is one of the best terrible movies I have ever seen. I was worried that it might be gay porn, but I quickly realized it was simply a low budget USA up all night classic. This film is by Mark Pirro, who is apparently a legend in the low budget film industry. He made this film for less than ten grand, and boy does it show. The voices are all poorly overdubbed and the actors are so bad they're good.
"Even a wrist that is strong and firm and holds up straight by day may become limp when the moon is full and the Queerwolf comes your way."
Look for it on DVD early next year, with a 25 minute making-of documentary called "Completely From the Rear." No joke.
This Week's Record You're Probably Not Listening To
Bruce McCulloch - Shame-Based Man (1995)
You probably remember him from The Kids In The Hall, or maybe you still watch him on the repeats they air on Comedy Central. He is funny, almost painfully funny.
This is a record of comedy set to music and is a work of severe genius. It's hard to really explain what McCulloch does on this CD. Some of the more notable tracks: "Heroin Pig," "Daddy's on the Drink," and of course "When You're Fat."
I think this album is extremely out of print, but if you can find it in some used bin somewhere, pick it up. You'll be glad you did.
This Week's Hip New Slang Word or Phrase
Crabby like seafood - A witty simile to describe a person's negative disposition.
Origin - Ghostface Killah says it on a record somewhere.
Usage - "Dude, what was up with your girl this morning?"
" Dude, I know. She was crabby like seafood."
This Week's Top Ten List
The Top Ten Things Overheard at the Last CAC Show:
10. "Wockenfuss? I thought it was 'Talking Wuss.' Well, this changes everything."
09. "I heard ONUG stands for 'Obviously Needs Ugly Girls.' I'm gonna see if I can get those digits."
08. "Omigod, I think I just saw Pocaroba in the bathroom drinking a bottle of nail polish remover."
07. "Would somebody please tell Half N Half to stop showing me his nipples?"
06. "Where's C-Dog? Unaccounted for? Sweet!"
05. "I heard CAC stands for 'Christianity Conquers All.' I hope they do a song about one of the disciples!"
04. "Omigod, I think I just saw Wockenfuss in the bathroom drinking a peach wine cooler."
03. "Biff Pocaroba? I thought it was 'Spliff Toking Yoda.' Well, this changes everything."
02. "I think I'm going to make a joke about Eminem or the Beastie Boys while I'm here because I am a severe jackass."
01. "Would someone tell Half N Half to put his pants on, please?"